By accessing the Site and/or providing data to COUXU, you hereby acknowledge that you have read this Policy and that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your data by COUXU in accordance with this Policy. If you do not consent to the terms of this Policy, please do not access the Site or provide your data to COUXU.
2. What is Data?
“Data” means data about a person/company who can be identified (i) from that data, or (ii) from that data and other information to which COUXU has or is likely to have access.
3. What data does COUXU collect?
We gather various types of data of our users and customers, as explained more fully below.
Data that is voluntarily provided. COUXU collects data that you voluntarily provide to us, whether through the Site or other platforms or channels (such as through email, telephone and other forms of communication). At various places on the Site, or in the course of obtaining the services provided by COUXU, you may be required to provide certain data such as your full name, email address, address, telephone number and other information, in order to access or use certain features or services of the Site, or to otherwise obtain our services. For example, data may be collected when you register an account, make a purchase, enter a contest, promotion or survey, fill out a form, provide comments, suggestions or feedback, or when you contact us via email, phone or other channels. You can always choose not to provide your data, but you may not be able to access or use certain features or services of the Site, or to obtain certain services from us.
4. How do we use your data?
Generally, we collect data in order to provide our products and services to you, and to personalize and improve our services and your user and customer experience with COUXU. Data collected by COUXU may be used:
- 4.1To process, record, monitor and fulfil your orders and deliveries;
- 4.2To plan and schedule routes for deliveries;
- 4.3To verify and process your personal particulars and payment;
- 4.4To communicate with you, including to confirm and update you on the status of your orders and deliveries, and respond to your queries and requests;
- 4.5To improve our products or services;
- 4.6To inform you of promotions, offers, surveys, events, products and services, which may be of interest to you;
- 4.7To conduct marketing research, user profile and statistical analysis;
- 4.8To customise your online experience according to your chosen interests and preferences and enhance your current and future visits to the Site and customer experience with us;
- 4.9To update and back-up our records;
- 4.10To reduce credit risk, detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity;
- 4.11To comply with law, the requests of law enforcement and regulatory officials, or orders of court;
- 4.12To enforce our legal rights and remedies; or
- 4.13For such other purposes notified to you on or before collection or use of the data.
5. Who do we disclose your data to?
We do not rent, trade or sell your data. Your data will not be disclosed by COUXU to any third party, except:
- 5.1.1Any affiliate, subsidiary or partner of COUXU;
- 5.1.2Our technology, marketing and logistics service providers;
- 5.1.3Credit card and payment processing companies;
- 5.1.4Lawyers, auditors, professional advisors and investors of COUXU; or
- 5.1.5Any other agents, service providers or subcontractors acting for or on behalf of COUXU,
to the extent required to carry out the purposes set out in Section 4, or to do anything at your request; or
- 5.2Where you expressly consent to such disclosure; or
- 5.3Where such disclosure is required or permitted by applicable law, statute, stock exchange regulation or by-law, regulatory or governmental order or court order.
Recipients of your data may be located outside out Japan. You agree that we may transfer your data to our affiliates, subsidiaries and/or other third parties located outside of Japan, as long as the data is handled in accordance with this Policy and all applicable laws. COUXU will ensure recipients of your data are legally bound to provide a standard of protection for your data comparable to the protection afforded under The Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Law No. 57 of 2003) (APPI).
6. How long do we retain your data?
Data provided by you will be retained as long as the purpose for which the data was collected continues. Thereafter, COUXU will destroy or delete the information, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, unless its retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory, accounting or other business requirements or to protect COUXU’s interests.
7. Is your data secure?
- 7.1As your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security, we ask that you take steps to protect against unauthorised access or use of your account. Please select and protect your password appropriately and limit access to your device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. You are responsible for any loss, theft and compromise of your password and account Information, and any activity on your account that takes place through unauthorised password use.
- 7.2COUXU understands the importance of keeping your data private and secure. We therefore put in place security arrangements to protect your privacy and data, in a manner that we believe is reasonably appropriate to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. Please be informed that despite our best efforts, no security measures are impenetrable. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of your data. COUXU does not warrant or guarantee in any way that your information or private communications will always remain private and/or safe. COUXU hereby disclaims any responsibility or liability directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with, any loss, theft, or unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar actions with regard to any data held or maintained by us, except to the extent caused by our fault or negligence.
8. Linked Sites
COUXU may provide links to other sites (“Linked Sites”) that may be of relevance and interest to you. COUXU has no control over, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Linked Sites, and you hereby waive any claim against us with respect to the Linked Sites.
In order to improve our products and services, we collect data by way of “cookies”. Cookies help us measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views and other statistics relating to your access to the Site. This information allows us to better administer the Site, and provide a more tailored and user-friendly service to our Site visitors. Cookies also enable you to use or access certain features or services of our Site, including the cart and check-out features. For example, cookies help us store preferences or retrieve products in your cart between visits, from our servers. Cookies are small data files that are sent to your browser from our Site and are stored on your computer’s or device’s hard drive. Each time you visit our Site from the same computer or device, the cookie will be retrieved from your computer or device, enabling our Site to recognise your computer or device as having previously visited our Site and thereby increase the functionality of our Site on your computer or device. Our cookies cannot be used to get data from your hard drive, to get your email address or any other data that can be traced to you. Most web browsers and devices can be set to notify you when you receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being sent; if you use these features, you may limit the functionality we can provide you when you visit our Site.
10. How to access and correct your data?
If you wish to access, correct or update your data, you may do so at any time by accessing your account information through the Site. Alternatively, you may contact us at email@example.com. You are responsible for providing us with correct and updated information.
11. What choices do you have?
- 11.1You may be able to access, correct or update certain information as explained in Section 10 above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- 11.2You may request deletion of your account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us during operating hours (weekdays from 9am – 7pm) at +81 3 5298 5190. Please note that some information may remain in our private records after deletion of your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your data after you delete your account, but not in a manner that would identify you unless permitted by law.
- 11.3If you do not wish to receive email or other communications from us, you can unsubscribe from our mailing list by using the unsubscribe facility that may be provided with such email or communication, or contact us at email@example.com or during our operating hours (weekdays from 9am – 7pm) at +81 3 5298 5190.
12. Questions or ConcernsPlease direct any questions or concerns that you may have regarding our handling of your data to: Attn: The Data Protection Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please provide your name, contact number, email address and all relevant details along with your question or concern, so that we can review and respond to your question or concern in an efficient and effective manner.
13. Right to amend Policy
14. Governing Law
This Policy is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with Japanese law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. Tokyo District Court is the first and exclusive court of jurisdiction for any litigation should it arise.